Thursday, April 17, 2014
   
Text Size

270.365.5526
Instant Access 270.365.6543
info@farmersbk.com

History

Farmers Bank opened for business on January 2, 1899 in what was called the Racket Store in the Smith block of College Street. Imagine a town whose principal mode of transportation was horse driven – a town with a population of 2,226 people just getting acquainted with electricity (which was offered with the additional option of night service) and the telephone.

Beginning as a state bank in 1899, Farmers Bank was organized as Farmers National Bank in 1900. In 1960, the bank converted to a state charter and changed its name to Farmers Bank and Trust Company. In 1982 to better facilitate expansion into new business areas, Farmers Bank organized United Bancorp, Inc. of Princeton, a one-bank holding company.

Throughout its history, Farmers Bank has continually been innovative by offering its customers the latest banking technology and providing for its personnel. The Bank’s strength is derived from the continued support, loyalty and commitment of our shareholders, customers and staff as Princeton’s only locally owned independent bank. We have two facilities, with the main bank located at 111 West Washington Street and the branch bank on Highway 62 West.

Online Banking Login

Need A Loan?

nxtloanbutton2

Our Newsletter

Sign Up Now

Farm Fresh

farmfreshAre you supporting our local farmers? 
Check out Princeton's new online Farmers Market!

Credit and deposit products are offered through Farmers Bank, Member FDIC and an Equal Housing Lender.  Only deposit products are FDIC insured. Credit products are subject to credit approval.

Member FDIC Equal Housing Lender

 

social_youtube_box_color_16social_facebook_box_white_16social_twitter_box_white_16social_instagram_box_white_16

111 West Washington St
Princeton, KY  42445
270-365-5526